Know your Geek Speak!—October 12, 2021
Thanks for playing Geek Speak!
Here’s a quick review of the questions:
- What does RPA stand for?
- What is a GPL and what does it give you?
- What is a choropleth map in data visualization?
And, the answers are …
- Robotic process automation is a form of business process automation technology based on software robots or on artificial intelligence. It is sometimes referred to as software robotics. The basic ideas originated in the 1950s, and later with data scraping in the 1980s and indexing of the web in the 1990s.
- GPL stands for a general public license, and is often referenced in Open Source circles. Licensing guarantees certain rights to users:
- They can use the code anytime.
- They can redistribute the code to anyone with similar restrictions.
- They can create a custom application formulated from the the code and redistribute the open source code with the new work.
- This type of a map displays divided geographical areas or regions that are have a color, are shaded or patterned in relation to a data variable. This provides a way to visualize values over a geographical area. The data variable uses color progression for representation in each part of the map.
Thanks for playing Geek Speak! We hope to see you next week.