Name that city! 8/26/19
Ok, let’s get this done!
As a reminder, here’s a quick review of today’s bewildering questions:
- The Big Mac was created in this city by Jim Delligatti, an early Ray Kroc franchisee.
- The citrusy and highly caffeinated soda Mountain Dew was invented in this city by bottlers Barney and Ally Hartman.
- This city is home to an interlinked collection of enclosed pedestrian footbridges that enables people to walk in climate-controlled comfort year-round.
- Pittsburgh, PA—The Big Mac debuted at Delligatti’s Uniontown, PA, restaurant in 1967, selling for 45 cents.
- Knoxville, TN (Soft drinks were sold regionally in the 1930s but the brothers couldn’t find their preferred soda for mixing with liquor, so they developed their own.)
- Minneapolis, MN—The walkway is called the Minneapolis Skyway. It connects various buildings in 80 full city blocks over 11 miles (18 km).
Thanks again for playing AND for reading Flyover Future!