Here’s a review of the questions:
- What was Bloody Island and where was it located?
- James H. Suttle served as mayor of this city from 2009-2013. While many politicians come from a law background, Suttle didn’t. In what city did he serve as mayor and what was his background?
- The USS Cod is a World War II submarine that is now a museum in what city?
Here are the answers:
- Bloody Island was a densely wooded sandbar opposite St. Louis, MO, that was considered “neutral” and not under Missouri or Illinois control. Even though it was only about a mile in length and approximately five hundred yards wide, numerous Missourians found their way to its shores to defend their reputations via duels.
- Omaha, NE—Suttle is a licensed professional engineer in Nebraska and worked in that capacity for 30 years before his election.
- Cleveland, OH—five diesel engines were built by General Motors Cleveland Diesel Plant on the west side of Cleveland, OH.
Thanks for playing!