Name that City — Aug 6, 2020
Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
- What city served as Ohio’s capital prior to Columbus?
- The biggest children’s museum in the world is located in what city?
- This city is home to the largest stadium in the US. What city is it?
And here are the answers:
- Chillicothe, OH—When Ohio obtained its statehood in 1803, Columbus hadn’t even been built yet. Chillicothe owned the capital city status until 1810, when three businessmen from the town of Franklinton offered 20 free acres of land which was within 40 miles of the state’s geographic center. The city was laid out in 1812 and in 1816 Columbus was incorporated.
- Indianapolis, IN—The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, located at 3000 North Meridian Street boasts 481,000 square feet, with five floors of exhibit halls. It receives more than one million visitors annually.
- Ann Arbor, MI—The stadium at the University of Michigan, nicknamed “The Big House,” is the largest in the US and the second largest in the world. It was constructed between 1926 and 1927 and can hold more than 113,000 people.
Thanks for playing!