Name That City! — February 4, 2021
Here’s a review of the questions:
- What city did the Dundee explosion happen in?
- In what city would you find the world’s only underground zip line attraction?
- In what city did an event occur that ended college varsity boxing in 1960?
And here are the answers:
- Omaha, NE—Near the end of World War II, a Japanese balloon bomb exploded in the Dundee neighborhood of Omaha. Today, a plaque commemorates where the bomb exploded and sits surrounded by the neighborhood’s trendy restaurants, bars and shops.
- Louisville, KY—The zip line courses are located in The Mega Cavern, a former limestone mine. The Mega Cavern boasts over 17 miles of underground passageways beneath the City of Louisville
- Madison, WI–In 1960, University of Wisconsin athlete Charlie Mohr, was hit hard in the ring. He was taken to the hospital, where he was operated on by a neursurgeon. He was in a coma for more than a week and on Easter Sunday, April 17, 1960, he died.
Thanks for playing!