Here’s a review of the questions:
- What city is home to the world’s largest hockey mural?
- In what city was an arena nicknamed “The Igloo” located?
- What city is home to a giant gold ball called “The Sunsphere”?
And here are the answers:
- St. Paul, MN—The city took Canada’s claim of having the largest hockey mural to heart and created its own. “Made in Minnesota” covers 300×50 feet of real estate on a mixed-use facility that is the official practice site for the Minnesota Wild and home of the Hamline Pipers’ hockey program.
- Pittsburgh, PA—The Igloo’s official name was Civic Arena and it primarily served as the home to the Pittsburgh Penguins, the city’s NFL franchise. Constructed in 1961, it was the first retractable roof major-sports venue in the world. The arena was demolished between 2011 and 2012, with its former location used as a parking lot.
- Knoxville, TN—The Sunsphere, a 266-ft. tall hexagonal steel truss structure topped with a 75-ft. gold-colored sphere opened in 1982 as part fo the Knoxville World’s Fair. It was abandoned in 1999 but restored and reopened in 2007.
Thanks for playing!