Name that City — October 1, 2020
Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that City!
- Where would you find the largest indoor rainforest in the U.S.?
- What was the first city in the U.S. to successfully demonstrate electric lighting?
- What city hosted the first Olympics in the U.S.?
And here are the answers:
- Omaha, NE—The Lied Jungle, which opened in 1992 at the Henry Doorly Zoo, in Omaha was the brainchild of Dr. Lee Simmons. It is contained in a 1.5 acre building that is 80-ft. tall.
- Cleveland, OH—Cleveland was the first city in the United States to successfully demonstrate electric lighting, with twelve electric lights around the Public Square road system on 29 April 1879.
- St. Louis, MO—The first Olympics in the U.S. was located at what is now known as Francis Field on the campus of Washington University in St. Louis. It was the first time that the Olympic Games were held outside Europe.
Thanks for playing!