Here’s a review of the questions:
- What city was the home of Market Square Arena from 1974 to 2001?
- Name the Southern city that was the birthplace of evangelist Billy Graham.
- Name the city that is the home of Mud Island.
And here are the answers:
- Market Square Arena held a prominent location in downtown Indianapolis, IN for nearly 30 years, and served as the home of the NBA’s Indiana Pacers. It was also the site of many great concerts by the likes of KISS, the Grateful Dead and Michael Jackson. From 1974 to 1979, the Indianapolis Racers of the American Hockey Association called the arena their home, and it is known officially as the first place where Wayne Gretzky skated as a professional hockey player. It was the site of the 1980 men’s basketball Final Four, won by the University of Louisville. The Pacers have played their home games at Bankers Life Fieldhouse since 1999.
- Long before it became a bustling metropolis, Charlotte, NC was a mid-size city that helped give birth to the New South as well as its most famous son, Billy Graham.
- Mud Island and its River Park and Amphitheatre are major attractions located in Memphis, TN. Originally referred to as City Island, it was also the home of Memphis’ airport from 1950 to 1959. To reach the island from downtown Memphis, you can take the Skybridge, or cross the Mississippi River on a kayak or paddleboard. Once there, you can check out the Mississippi River Museum, the Mud Island Dog Park, or take a guided tour on a stand-up paddleboard. Concerts are frequently presented at the Mud Island Amphitheater, and there are even fancy restaurants to finish off your day in high style.
Thanks for playing!