- This city holds an annual event called Hash Bash?
- Here’s a strange distinction for ya: The pro football stadium in this city broke a record for being the loudest open air stadium.
- In 1977, Elvis Presley stopped at a gas station in this city to break up a fight. What city was it?
And here are the answers:
- Ann Arbor, MI—Hash Bash is an annual event centered around the goal of reforming federal, state, and local marijuana laws. The event includes speeches, live music, street vending, and the “occasional civil disobedience.” The first one was held in 1972 in response to a decision by the Michigan Supreme Court declaring unconstitutional the law used to convict cultural activist John Sinclair for possession of two marijuana joints.
- Kansas City, MO–Fans at Arrowhead Stadium broke the Guinness world record for loudest outdoor open air stadium as the noise on Sept. 29, 2014 at an ear-shattering 142.2 dbA roar in a game against the Oakland Raiders.
- Madison, WI–In what may be one of the coolest stories we’ve ever heard, Elvis’ limo pulled into a gas station where a fight was going on between the attendant and two other guys. The King jumped out of the limo, approached the group and struck a karate pose. He didn’t have to actually kick anybody, however, because the guys took one look and, well, here’s an account of the event from eyewitness Bruce Frey.