Name that Flyover City – 8-15-19
Thanks for playing “Name That Flyover City”! Life just doesn’t get any better!
As a reminder, here’s a quick review of today’s incredibly difficult questions:
- What city was originally called Fort Raccoon?
- The YIELD sign was invented in this city in 1950 by a retired police captain.
- The guy who wrote “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” was from this city.
- Des Moines–The original name of Des Moines was Fort Raccoon. It was later changed to Fort Des Moines, then shortened to the current Des Moines.
- Tulsa–A retired Tulsa police captain named Clinton Riggs invented the YIELD sign.
- Indianapolis–Albert Von Tilzer of Indianapolis penned the song that is now played across the nation during baseball games.
Thanks for playing AND for reading Flyover Future!