Name that Flyover City — April 16, 2020
Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Here’s a review of the questions:
- What city is home to the first traffic tunnel between two nations?
- What city is known for the Cozy Dog (corndog on a stick) and Horseshoe sandwiches?
- What city is the final resting place of the only Major League Baseball player to die from a baseball injury?
And here are the answers:
- Detroit, MI—The Detroit Windsor Tunnel was formally dedicated on Saturday, November 1, 1930. is jointly owned by the Cities of Windsor, Ontario and Detroit, Michigan.
- Springfield, IL—We all know what a corn dog on a stick looks like, but what is a Horseshoe sandwich? It’s an open-faced sandwich of thick-sliced toasted bread (often Texas toast), a hamburger patty, cheese sauce, and then french fries.
- Cleveland, OH—The player was Raymond Johnson “Ray” Chapman and he was a shortstop for the Cleveland Indians. He died in 1920 while waiting to bat. He was struck in the head by a pitch and died 12 hours later.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city!