Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Let’s review the questions:
- Buzzfeed named this city as having the best street art in the entire world.
- This city is called The Oil Capital of the World.
- Hoyt Wooten, the founder of WREG Radio, built a fallout shelter in this city between 1961-63 that is considered one of the largest in the nation.
And here are the answers:
- Richmond, VA—The city holds the annual Richmond Mural Project to continue to make the city a landmark destination for internationally recognized murals.
- Tulsa, OK—It was an oil strike in the Glenn Pool on November of 1905, 12 miles southwest of town, that secured Tulsa’s right to call itself Oil Capital of the World. It was the first of several strikes in Oklahoma that would shape the future of the city and the state for the next several decades.
- Memphis, TN—The shelter that Wooten designed will comfortably house up to 65 people for 31 days. There are plans to add the shelter to the national historic register.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city AND for reading Flyover Future!