Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Let’s review the questions.
- This city features a museum that is considered the largest collection of contraceptive devices.
- This city has an art museum where one of its buildings contains a movable, wing-like brise soleil that opens up for a wingspan of 217 feet.
- This city boasts an innovative art museum called The Mattress Factory.
And here are the answers:
- Cleveland, OH–The Dittrick Museum of Medical History is located at Case Western Reserve University. The contraceptive collection was amassed over decades by Skuy, past president of the Canadian company Ortho Pharmaceutical. Because you never know when you’re going to have to take a gander at an ancient IUD.
- Milwaukee, WI–Milwaukee Art Museum’s Quardacci Pavilion contains a brise soleil that opens during the day and folds over the tall, arched structure at night or during inclement weather.
- Pittsburgh, PA—Founded in 1977, the Mattress Factory is a contemporary and innovative that features installations by artists from around the world.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city AND for reading Flyover Future!