Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Let’s review the questions:
- The iconic American magazine The Saturday Evening Post is headquartered in this city.
- U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt survived an assassination attempt in this city.
- During WWII, a Japanese balloon bomb exploded in a neighborhood in this city.
And here are the answers:
- Indianapolis, IN—The Saturday Evening Post is currently published six times a year. It was published weekly from 1897 until 1963, and every two weeks until 1969.
- Milwaukee, WI—A Bavarian-born saloonkeeper named John Schrank tried to shoot Teddy on October 14, 1912 in front of the Gilpatrick Hotel.
- Omaha, NE—Very few Japanese bombs made it that far inland. But it happened to Omaha in 1945. Today, a commemorative plaque marks the spot where it happened.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city!