Name that Flyover city — Feb 10, 2020
Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Have you taken a road trip across the country lately? Here are some unique places to stay. Can you match the establishment with the city in which it’s located?
- The Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven has been a favorite resting spot for Route 66 tourists for more than 50 years. Where is it located?
- The Covington Inn is one of the country’s few floating bed-and-breakfasts. What city is it in?
- The Hermitage Hotel was named after Andrew Jackson’s estate which is nearby. Do you know the city where it’s located?
And here are the answers:
- Springfield, MO–Also known as the Rail Haven Motor Court, the motel was built in 1938 and enlarged in 1957. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2010. Famous guests included Elvis Presley.
- St. Paul, MN–Before it became the Inn, it was a 300-ton towboat that went up and down the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers. It now has four rooms which feature fireplaces and private baths.
- Nashville, TN–The Hermitage is a much-loved landmark in Nashville.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city AND for reading Flyover Future!