Name that Flyover city! — Feb 28, 2020
Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
- The Budweiser Clydesdales have been the spokes-horses for the brand for 80 years. In what city were they introduced?
- Back in 2012, this city’s symphony orchestra was in a deep financial crisis until Kid Rock–yes Kid Rock–threw a benefit concert.
- Geraldine Fredritz Mock became the first woman to fly solo around the world in 1964, starting and ending in this city.
And here are the answers:
- St. Louis, MO—To commemorate the repeal of the prohibition of beer, the sons of August A. Busch, Sr. presented him with the gift of a six-horse Clydesdale hitch. No word on if he was disappointed in not getting a Buick instead.
- Detroit, MI–Calling it “the best drunk move I ever made,” Kid Rock threw a benefit concert for the orchestra that raised $1 million.
- Columbus, OH–Her trip lasted 29 days and covered 23,103 miles in a single engine Cessna 180 that was christened the “Spirit of Columbus.” In 1975, Mock’s Cessna was donated to the National Air and Space Museum.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city AND for reading Flyover Future!