Name that Flyover city — Feb 3, 2020
Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
While you’re still recovering from pro football’s biggest day, we thought we’d see if you can identify the notable football legend with the city in which he was born.
- Larry Fitzgerald is a wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals. Where was he born?
- Joe Montana, who earned the nicknames “Joe Cool” and “The Comeback Kid” was born in what city?
- Bruce Matthews played for the Houston Oilers for 19 seasons. What city did he hail from?
And here are the answers:
- Minneapolis, MN. Fitzgerald has been selected for the Pro Bowl eleven times and comes in second in NFL history for most receiving yards, second in career receptions, and sixth in receiving touchdowns.
- Pittsburgh, PA—Montana was born in New Eagle, PA, a borough of the Pittsburgh Metro Area. The stuff of legends, Montana led the 49ers to victories in four Super Bowls, including consecutive wins in 1989 and 1990.
- Raleigh, NC–Matthews played for the Houston Oilers franchise for a whopping nineteen seasons in the years 1983 to 2001. As a three-time Offensive Lineman of the Year, Matthews started 292 of the 296 games he played in throughout his decade-spanning career.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city AND for reading Flyover Future!