Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Let’s review the questions.
- In what city would you be able to visit the Lincoln Home National Historic Site?
- In what city is The National World War 1 Museum located?
- This city is home to the National Civil Rights Museum.
And here are the answers:
- Springfield, IL—Abraham and Mary Lincoln lived in this 12-room Greek revival house up until his presidential campaign in 1860. The historic site offers free ranger-led tours daily, a free viewing of a film of Lincoln’s life, and several exhibits and houses throughout the historic four-block Lincoln-era neighborhood.
- Kansas City, MO—The museum is renowned throughout the country for being the best. It’s housed in a modern building with a glass walkway over a field of red poppies: a reminder of the combat in the trenches in the First World War.
- Memphis, TN–Through multi-sensory and multi-media innovations, historical artifacts and structures, events, speakers and online resources, the National Civil Rights Museum champions educational programming and offers visitors a full immersion experience.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city AND for reading Flyover Future!