Name That Flyover City! — Jan 20, 2022
Here’s a review of this week’s questions:
- What city is home to the Fountain at Point State Park, the tallest fountain in the U.S.?
- What city is home to a JIF peanut butter factory that produces more peanut butter than any other factory on earth?
- What city is home to “Rat Basketball” at its science museum?
And here are the answers:
- Answer: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Fountain at Point State Park in Pittsburgh shapes approximately 6,000 gallons of water per minute into a spout about 150 feet high. The fountain was dedicated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania on August 30, 1974, marking the completion of Point State Park. Due to the number of rivers flowing through the city, Pittsburgh has a huge variety of fountains all over the city.
- Answer: Lexington, Kentucky. The Jif Peanut Butter factory, which conducts daily tours, Sits along Winchester Road (near train-tracks and the corner of National Avenue) spreading the aroma of roasted peanuts down neighboring blocks. If you see smokestacks when driving by, crack your window and you won’t be disappointed. The far-reaching aroma shouldn’t be too big of a surprise being it’s the largest peanut butter producing plant in the world.
- Answer: Richmond, Virginia. Richmond’s Science Museum of Virginia offers visitors a ton of experiences and exhibits, but nothing quite as unique as Rat Basketball. Teams of rats face off in the museum’s version of a basketball court with tiny rodents instead of athletes. The museum drafts the rats when they are pups. Museum educators train the rodents to handle small plastic balls and toss them into a basketball hoop.