Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Here’s a review of the questions:
- “I never wanted to leave ___________. My heart will always be in that area – in a perfect world I would have loved to stay.” — LeBron James
- “____________ just embraced me. There are a lot of weirdos here. It’s awesome, because I’m a weirdo. Thankfully, the city embraced me with open arms. A lot about it helped carve my musicality and open my eyes. The whole town is so open-minded.” — Lizzo
- “Whenever I’m in ___________, I think back to all the jazz-blues greats who played the blues here – like Count Basie, Charlie Parker and Jay McShann. I watched those guys jam in different places and heard a lot of things – but I couldn’t do what they did. They were too good.” — B. B. King
And here are the answers:
- Cleveland, OH—James was selected by his hometown team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, in 2003 as the first overall draft pick. He played for the team from 2003 to 2010, when he became a free agent and signed with the Miami Heat, and again from 2014 to 2018 when he opted out of his contract with the Cavaliers to join the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Minneapolis, MN–The singer-songwriter was born in Detroit, moved to Houston and then adopted Minneapolis as her home. The city is where she began her recording career.
- Kansas City, MO– Opening in 1999, this hall of fame is the only facility of its kind dedicated to all levels of women’s basketball. Knoxville is known for having a large women’s basketball following as well as being the home of the University of Tennessee’s Lady Vols basketball team, which was coached by the legendary Pat Summitt,
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city AND for reading Flyover Future!