Name that Flyover City — March 16, 2023
Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Here’s a review of the questions:
- What city is known for its toasted ravioli?
- What city is known for a dish called The Hot Brown?
- What city is known for a dish called goetta?
And here are the answers:
- St. Louis, MO–The beginnings of breaded deep-fried ravioli can be sourced to two restaurants in St. Louis. Mama Campisi’s and Charlie Gitto’s. Now it’s served almost everywhere.
- Louisville, KY–The scrumptious dish–an open-faced sandwich of baked turkey breast and bacon, covered in Mornay sauce–was invented by a chef at The Brown Hotel.
- Cincinnati, OH– Goetta–Like Pennsylvanian scrapple or North Carolinian livermush, goetta takes scraps of meat that would otherwise get thrown away—pork, sometimes beef, or offal—and combines them with grains. It has been called “Cincinnati’s Caviar.”
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city!