Name that Flyover city! — March 2, 2020
Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
- This city is the home of the oldest operating steamboat in the United States, and the oldest operating Mississippi River-style steamboat in the world.
- This city is the largest city in the United States with a silent first letter.
- You might have been able to tell from his accent, but what city was the late comedian Chris Farley from?
And here are the answers:
- Louisville, KY—The Belle of Louisville was built in 1914 and was originally called Idlewild. When it’s not participating the annual steamboat race to celebrate the Kentucky Derby, the Belle hosts river cruises, corporate events and weddings.
- Knoxville, TN—We have nothing more to add about the name Knoxville. We just wanted to show you that this is the trivia section, after all.
- Madison, WI–The actor and comedian, known for his energetic comedic style and his gigs on Saturday Night Live, was born in Madison in 1964.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city AND for reading Flyover Future!