Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Here’s a review of the questions:
- This city is known for having tiny “fairy doors” hidden around town.
- In what city is Rupp Arena located?
- Forget the California Gold Rush! The first one happened in this city almost 50 years earlier.
And here are the answers:
- Ann Arbor, MI—The fairy doors are perfectly constructed entryways into a honeycomb of fairy rooms and secret passages. You can find a full list of the locations at the Urban Fairies website.
- Lexington, KY—While Rupp Arena may be best known for serving as the home court to the University of Kentucky men’s basketball program, it also regularly hosts concerts, conventions and shows. It’s named after legendary former Kentucky coach Adolph Rupp and has an official capacity of 20,500.
- Charlotte, NC—It all started when a kid found a 17-pound yellow rock while fishing on his family’s property. Conrad Reed took it to his father, who took it to a jeweler. The jeweler underpaid for the gold but Mr. Reed caught on and ended up being a very rich man. Miners from all around the country arrived in North Carolina, which became the biggest producer of gold in the U.S. until the California Gold Rush started.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city!