Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that City!
- In what US city would you find an annual public arts celebrations called FestiFools?
- What was the first major city to begin desegregating its public facilities?
- In what city was Kurt Vonnegut born?
And here are the answers:
- Ann Arbor, MI–Every April (this year’s event was virtual), hundreds of people from around Ann Arbor show off giant paper-mache puppets and costumes while marching down Main Street. The event was the brainchild of University of Michigan art professor Mark Tucker who started it in 2007. It was instantly a hit.
- Nashville, TN—The Nashville sit-ins, which took place from February 13 to May 10, 1960, were coordinated by the Nashville Student Movement and the Nashville Christian Leadership Council. On May 10, six downtown stores began serving black customers at their lunch counters for the first time.
- Indianapolis, IN—The Slaughterhouse Five writer was born on November 11, 1922. HIs father was a prominent architect who saw his business disappear during the Depression. Some say this greatly contributed to Vonnegut’s pessimism throughout the rest of his life.
Thanks for playing!