Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Here’s a review of the questions:
- You’ve heard the phrase “the greatest thing since sliced bread.” In what city was sliced bread first commercially produced?
- Kroger, Proctor and Gamble, and Fifth Third Bancorp are all headquartered in this city.
- Sumner High School, the first high school for African Americans built west of the Mississippi River, is located in what city? Extra points if you can name three famous grads.
And here are the answers:
- Indianapolis, IN—The Taggart Baking Company began producing sliced bread in 1921. The company was purchased in 1925 by Continental Baking Company, which began marketing it nationwide.
- Cincinnati, OH—Cincinnati, home to six other Fortune 500 companies, employs more than 60,000 marketing, brand management, design, research, advertising and data-analytics professionals.
- St. Louis, MO—Alums of Sumner High School include Tina Turner, Chuck Berry, and Arthur Ashe.