Name that Flyover City! — May 21, 2020
Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Here’s a review of the questions:
- This city holds the oldest independent and experimental film festival in the country, and is one of the few festivals which a film must appear at to qualify for an Academy Awards.
- This city is headquarters for approximately 75% of all the NASCAR teams in the world.
- This city is home to the largest single-day sporting event in the world.
And here are the answers:
- Ann Arbor, MI—The Ann Arbor Film Festival has become one of the premier film festivals for independent and, especially, experimental filmmakers to showcase their work..
- Charlotte, NC—Charlotte has become the unofficial “NASCAR Headquarters” (the actual HQ is based in Florida) due to the Charlotte Motor Speedway and NASCAR Hall of Fame executive offices making the city their home.
- Indianapolis, IN—The Indy 500, covering 500 miles through 200 laps, is the world’s largest single-day spectator sporting event.