Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Here’s a review of the questions:
- This city established the first Jewish hospital in the US.
- Oak Ridge Cemetery in this city is the final resting place of Abraham Lincoln.
- The Reuben sandwich was invented in this city.
And here are the answers:
- Cincinnati, OH—The hospital was established in 1847 partly as a reaction to the fact that at other hospitals Jewish patients were subject to pressure from Christian missionaries.
- Springfield, IL—Lincoln, his wife and all but one of his children are buried in Oak Ridge.
- Omaha, NE–Reuben Kulakofsky, a Jewish Lithuanian-born grocer residing in Omaha, Nebraska, was the inventor, perhaps as part of a group effort by members of Kulakofsky’s weekly poker game held in the Blackstone Hotel from around 1920 through 1935.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover City AND for reading Flyover Future!