Name that Flyover City — November 13, 2019
Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Here’s a review of the questions:
- “It reminds me of the girl that came from ________ town, and how on that April day, when she took this old boy down.”—Black Crowes
- “What’s made __________ famous has made a fool out of me.”—Jerry Lee Lewis
- “A shade veranda under Sunday blue sky; ________ in June.”—Nina Simone
And here are the answers:
- Knoxville—The song is called “The Train Still Makes a Lonely Sound,” and it’s on the Black Crowe’s 2009 album Before the Frost…Until the Freeze.
- Milwaukee—Singing about beer, Jerry Lee featured the song on his 1968 album called Another Time, Another Place.
- Memphis—The song was written by Paul Francis Webster and Hoagy Carmichael but Nina sang “Memphis in June” on her album Nina’s Choice.
Thanks for playing AND for reading flyover Future!