Name that Flyover City — November 15, 2019
Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Here’s a review of the questions:
- This city is home to a mysterious phenomenon called “The Center of the Universe.”
- You’ll find the world’s largest rubber stamp in this city.
- The Oriental Theatre in this city has shown the cult film “Rocky Horror Picture Show” every Saturday night at midnight since Jan. 7, 1978.
And here are the answers:
- Tulsa, OK—In Tulsa, the Center of the Universe, is actually a small concrete circle in the middle of a larger circle of bricks. OK, so how did such an unremarkable spot come to be called that? If you stand in the middle of the circle and make a sound, that sound will echo back many times louder than it was made. Even weirder is that the voice of someone inside the circle is distorted to listeners on the outside.
- Cleveland, OH—The 28-ft tall, 48-ft long steel office stamp sculpture bearing the word FREE was commissioned in 1985 to Claes Oldenburg. It’s located in Willard Park and is a great place for a photo op.
- Milwaukee, WI—The theatre boasts the longest running showing of the movie in the United States.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover City AND for reading Flyover Future!