Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
A review of today’s questions:
- This city was the first U.S. city, and only the third in the world, to host the modern Olympics.
- This city and the Canadian city Windsor are connected through a tunnel and the Ambassador Bridge.
- The first successful hand transplant was performed in this city in 1999.
And here are the answers:
- St. Louis, MO—It was a somewhat chaotic event, but some records were set. Track athlete Archie Hahn set a record time of 21.6 seconds in the 200 meters and the record stood for 28 years.
- Detroit, MI—The Detroit-Canada Tunnel connected the two cities. It’s the second businest crossing between the US and Canada.
- Louisville, KY–Doctors at the Kleinert, Kutz and Associates Hand Care Center performed the first successful hand transplant. Two years later, a team at Jewish Hospital installed the first self-contained artificial heart in a patient.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city!