Let’s check your answers–but first let’s review the questions:
- Polar opposite entertainers Fred Astaire and Marlon Brando were both born in this city.
- This city is home to cable TV’s HGTV, which is one of the fastest growing networks in cable history with nearly 84 million households in less than nine years.
- This city is home to the first shopping center designed for arrival by car.
And, now, the answers:
- Omaha, NE—Astaire’s parents moved to Omaha when his dad landed a job with the Storz Brewing Company. Astaire, widely considered the most influential dancer in the history of film, was born there in 1899. Brando, well-regarded for his cultural influence on 20th-century film, was born in Omaha in 1924.
- Knoxville, TN—Home and Garden Television (HGTV) is one of the fastest growing in cable history with nearly 95 million households in less than nine years.
- Kansas City, KN– Country Club Plaza was originally designed in 1922 with the idea of accommodating shoppers arriving by car. It was the first suburban shopping mall in the world and a precedent for the now common shopping mall found everywhere.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover City AND for reading Flyover Future!