Ok, let’s get this done!
As a reminder, here’s a quick review of today’s bewildering questions:
- This city is known for having created the first drive-thru window.
- Mary Todd Lincoln was born in this city.
- This city is called the “Smithsonian of the South” due to its abundance of museums and educational facilities.
- Springfield, MO—About 30 years before McDonalds cranked open its first drive-thru window, Springfield’s “Red” Chaney and his wife Miss Julia were serving sacks of burgers to hungry travelers just off Route 66. They served burgers through a window Red cut out in the side of their famous “Hamburg” restaurant.
- Lexington, KY—Mary’s girlhood home, the Mary Todd Lincoln House, still exists in Lexington. The fourteen-room house is now a museum containing period furniture, portraits, and artifacts from the Todd and Lincoln families.
- Raleigh, NC– The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, recognizable by its three-story multimedia globe named the Daily Planet, and the North Carolina Museum of History, are just a couple of the diverse attractions that earn the city its nickname.
Thanks again for playing AND for reading Flyover Future!