Name that Flyover City – October 16, 2019
And, here we are again! Let’s get to those answers.
But first, here’s a quick review of today’s questions:
- This city is home to the headquarters of the Jockey Club, a national organization dedicated to the integrity of Thoroughbred breeding and racing.
- This city sits in two states and, in one area, you can be in a different state simply by crossing the road.
- This city ranks first in the nation in potato chip consumption per capita.
- Lexington, KY—Not Louisville, home of the Kentucky Derby as you would think. The Jockey Club is the breed registry for Thoroughbred horses in the US and Canada. It is also the keeper of the American Stud Book.
- Kansas City—The city spans Missouri and Kansas. You can be in both states at the same time if you stand on State Line Road, which runs north-south along the border of Missouri and Kansas.
- Detroit, MI—Detroit is the potato chip consumption capital of the country. While the rest of the country consumers an average of 4 pounds of chips per year, Detroiters consume an average of 7 pounds. Whoever launches an onion dip startup is going to be rich.
Thanks again for playing AND for reading Flyover Future!