Ok, let’s see how you did
First, let’s recap the questions:
- This city is home to the nation’s oldest sketch comedy theater.
- The Edgar Allen Poe Museum is located in this city.
- The guy who invented voice mail was born in this city.
And now for the answers:
- Minneapolis, MN–Surprisingly, Chicago isn’t home to the nation’s oldest sketch comedy theater. That honor belongs to Brave New Workshop in Minneapolis, where Al Franken performed before working on Saturday Night Live.
- Richmond, VA—Located in what is considered to be one of the oldest buildings in Richmond (circa 1740), the Edgar Allen Poe Museum houses the world’s finest collection of Poe memorabilia. Though Poe never lived in the building, it serves to commemorate his time living in Richmond.
- Tulsa, OK—In 1983, Gordon Matthews patented what he called “voice message exchange,” what we now call Voice Mail.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover City AND for reading Flyover Future!