Name that Flyover city — October 22, 2019
Let’s review today’s questions:
- Elvis Presley performed his last concert in this city.
- This city is home to the corporate headquarters of Bank of America.
- Children’s author Chris Van Allsburg drew upon his childhood memories o write his book “The Polar Express.”
And now for the answers:
- Indianapolis, IN—The King did his final concert on June 26, 1977 at Indianapolis’ Market Square Arena. He died six weeks later on August 16.
- Charlotte, NC—The Bank of America Corporate Center, built in 1992, is the tallest building in North Carolina.
- Grand Rapids, MI—Allsburg’s book was made into a movie and you can see and hear references to Herpolsheimer’s Department Store in it.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover City AND for reading Flyover Future!