Name that Flyover city — October 28, 2019
Here we are again! How did you do?
Let’s review the questions:
- Congress officially recognized a street in this city as “Home of the Blues.”
- The song “Happy Birthday” was written by two sisters in this city.
- This city has more free major tourist attractions than any city in the country (outside Washington, DC).
And now the answers:
- Memphis, TN—In 1977, Congress bestowed that honor on Beale Street in Memphis. It’s where every blues icon from Louis Armstrong to B.B. King has performed.
- Louisville, KY–The composer of “Happy Birthday” was Mildred J. Hill (1859-1916). Her younger sister, Patty S. Hill (1868-1946), wrote the words. No one would guess that such a simple song would cause one of the most hotly debated copyright issues in the U.S.
- St. Louis, MO—IN St. Louis, visitors pay nothing to visit the art museum, the history museum, the science center and the zoo.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city AND for reading Flyover Future!