Hey! Thanks for playing! Now, let’s get down to business.
Here are the questions once again:
- Otis Redding (“Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay”) was killed when his plane crashed on the way to a concert in this city.
- This city was where the construction of the first water filtration plant in the world happened.
- The honeycrisp apple was invented at a university in this city.
And, now, the answers!
- Madison, WI–Redding and his band were scheduled to appear at the Factory nightclub near the University of Wisconsin on Sunday, December 10 but their plane crashed into Lake Monona, four miles from their destination.
- Columbus, OH—The water filtration system applied filtration and softening and was designed and invented by two brothers, Clarence and Charles Hoover. The Hoover Dam was named after them.
- Minneapolis, MN—The honeycrisp, an apple cultivar, was developed at the Minnesota Agricultural Experiment Station’s Horticultural Research Center at the University of Minnesota.
Thanks for playing Name the Flyover City AND for reading Flyover Future!