Name that Flyover City — October 8, 2019
Let’s see how you did on today’s off-the-wall questions:
First, let’s review the questions:
- This city is the smallest city in the U.S. to host a professional sports team.
- In 1953 residents of this city spent three months hunting down and capturing 11 Indian speckled cobras that were on the loose.
- The speedway in this city is the largest sporting facility in the world.
And, now the answers:
- Green Bay, WI—Home of the Green Bay Packers, the city is also where it’s not unusual to pass someone on the street sporting a triangular plastic cheese head.
- Springfield, MO—Called “The Big Ozark Cobra Hunt,” this horrifying game of hide and seek happened when a crate of the cobras was releaed by someone with an ax to grind.
- Indianapolis, IN– The Indianapolis Motor Speedway covers 253 acres and holds over 250,000 seats. It is said that the inside oval of the track could fit The Roman Colosseum and Vatican City, Churchill Downs, Yankee Stadium and the Rose Bowl.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover City AND for reading Flyover Future!