Let’s check your answers–but first let’s review the questions:
- Susan E. Blow opened the first successful public kindergarten in this city in 1873.
- This city has a highway tunnel that connects it with Windsor, Ontario in Canada.
- A skyscraper in this city is nicknamed “The Batman Building.”
And, now, the answers:
- Susan E. Blow, the daughter of a prominent manufacturer and state senator, went abroad to study. While there, she came across the kindergarten teaching methods of Friedrich Froebel. When she came home, opened the first kindergarten. (And just to show you that we got the trivia, Blow’s grandfather was Peter Blow, the owner of slave Dred Scott.) St. Louis, MO—
- Detroit, MI—The Detroit-Canada Tunnel (well, that’s a pretty straightforward name) is the second-busiest crossing between the US and Canada.
- Nashville, TN–The AT&T Building in Nashville is a 617 ft, 33-story skyscraper completed in August 1994. It is currently the tallest building in the state of Tennessee. Google it. It truly deserves its nickname.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover City AND for reading Flyover Future!