How’d ya do?
First, let’s review the questions:
- Walt Disney opened his first animation studio in this city
- S.E. Hinton, author of The Outsiders, was born in this city.
- The satirical online newspaper called The Onion originated in this city.
Now, the answers!
- Kansas City, MO—The studio was called Laugh-O-Gram Studios. Mickey Mouse was inspired by a real-life mouse in the building.
- Tulsa, OK—Hinton was just 17 when the novel was published. The 1983 film based on the novel was also shot on site in Tulsa. Stay gold, Ponyboy, stay gold!
- Madison, WI–Now based in Chicago, The Onion originated as a weekly print publication on August 29, 1988 in Madison. It was conceived by University of Wisconsin students Tim Keck and Christopher Johnson.