Let’s check your work.
First, let’s review the questions:
- This city has as one of its nicknames, “Cream City,” but it has nothing to do with dairy or Eric Clapton.
- This city was home to the South’s first African-American millionaire.
- Jazz great Charlie Parker was born in this city.
- Milwaukee, WI—The nickname stems from the light-colored bricks that builders used throughout the middle and late 19th century. Yeah, we know, that bit of trivia would have been more exciting if it had been referring to Eric Clapton.
- Memphis, TN– Robert R. Church, also known as the South’s first African-American millionaire, developed his riches by purchasing real estate. Modern-day Memphians can honor his memory by heading to Robert Church Park.
- Kansas City, MO—“Bird” was born in the city in 1920. He was only 32 when he died, he changed the course of jazz history.
Thank you for playing “Name that Flyover City! AND for reading Flyover Future.