Let’s see how you did!
First let’s review the questions:
- In this city, it’s illegal for barbers to shave a man’s chest.
- This city has a park named after a river worker named Tom Lee.
- 90% of the United States’ disco balls are produced in this city every year.
And now the answers!
- Omaha, Nebraska—Yes, it’s an old law and one that most Omahan barbers don’t know about. But they do now (and they’re probably thankful for it).
- Memphis, TN—In 1925, a river worker named Tom Lee saw the M.E. Norman steamboat capsize and rushed to assist the passengers. He saved 32 passengers from dying.
- Louisville, KY—Omega National Products is the Louisville company that has been making disco balls for the last 50 years. Currently, a woman named Yolanda Baker is the only person in the warehouse that make the balls by hand.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city!