When I Work | Virtual collaboration | EdTech
- MINNEAPOLIS, MN—SaaS employee scheduling and time-tracking platform When I Work secured a $200 million growth investment from Bain Capital Tech Opportunities. Employees use the platform to view and swap shifts, clock in, view hours worked, and request time off.
- INDIANAPOLIS, IN—Startup Filo, which has developed a virtual collaboration platform for businesses, closed on a $3 million seed round of funding to expand its go-to-market efforts. The funding round was led by Kansas-based Flyover Capital and High Alpha Capital in Indianapolis.
- COLUMBUS, OH—Rev1 Ventures has announced $3 million in new programs to help women and persons of color who are seeking to commercialize technologies and launch new scalable businesses in the Columbus Region. The funding will support expanded mentor diversity and one-to-one assistance, enhance access to peer groups and resource networks through targeted activities. .
- DES MOINES and ST. LOUIS–One year after St. Louis-based Gremlin Social and Des Moines-based Denim companies merged to form Denim Social, the company has raised a $5 million Series B round of financing. The company’s software helps financial institutions manage their social media presence.
- PITTSBURGH, PA–Carnegie Learning, a provider of K-12 education solutions born out of Carnegie Mellon University, has been awarded a $2 million grant from the U.S. Department of Education to be received over five years. The funds will be used to field test improvements to Carnegie Learning’s MATHia software, which provides students with one-to-one coaching in mathematics.