Flyover Future Presents: New Flight Plans
E2: Cyber Risk and Resilience with Matthew Butkovic
Available on these platforms:
Here are some of the questions we cover with Matthew:
- How do you mitigate cyber risk if you’re a mid-size business?
- How do you approach building resilience?
- How much of a threat is cyber warfare? How real is it?
- How do you manage training cybersecurity experts from multi-disciplinary backgrounds?
- What themes are emerging in cybersecurity training?
- What can people do to protect their privacy?
Matthew Butkovic is the Technical Director of the Cyber Risk and Resilience Assurance Directorate in the CERT Division of the Carnegie Mellon University Software Engineering Institute (CMU SEI).
Matt performs critical infrastructure protection research and develops methods, tools, and techniques for evaluating capabilities and managing risk. This includes addressing the challenges of complex supply chains.
Matt teaches graduate level cybersecurity policy courses at the CMU Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy. He also is an instructor, focused on organizational resilience and supply chain risk management, for the Heinz CISO and CRO Executive Certificate Programs.
Matt has more than 20 years of managerial and technical experience in information technology (particularly information systems security, process design, and audit) in the banking and manufacturing sectors.
He is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and earned degrees at the University of Pittsburgh (BA) and Pennsylvania State University (MS).