Flyover Future Presents: New Flight Plans
E3: From Political Science to Cybersecurity with Richard Harknett
Available on these platforms:
Here are some of the questions we cover with Richard:
- How did you go from political science to cybersecurity?
- Tell us about your book?
- What should cybersecurity leaders worry about most?
- What is the relationship between cyberspace and physical security?
- Tell us more about the work being done at the University of Cincinnati.
- How do you feel about Cybersecurity Awareness Month (October)?
Dr. Harknett is Professor of Political Science and Director of the School of Public and International Affairs, Co-Director of the Ohio Cyber Range Institute, and Chair of the Center for Cyber Strategy and Policy at the University of Cincinnati. He holds an afffilate faculty position with the School of Information Technology at UC and a professorial lectureship at the Diplomatic Academy Vienna, Austria, where he served as Fulbright Professor in 2001. In 2017, he served as inaugural Fulbright Professor in cyber studies at Oxford University, UK and in 2016 as the first Scholar-in-Residence at United States Cyber Command and NSA. His publications and research interests focus on international relations theory and international security studies with particular focus on cyber strategy. He also regularly advises at the US government and state of Ohio levels.