Flyover Health Tech: AI & neurological disease, digital tech to help fight chronic diseases, & more
- As part of its efforts toward player health and safety, the NFL Players Association has teamed up with Cleveland Clinic on an initiative to use artificial intelligence to improve diagnosis, prediction of disease progression and treatments for neurological disease.
- Many patients with back-of-the-eye diseases like macular degeneration or diabetic retinopathy have to undergo eye injections through the wall of the eye as a medical treatment. Now, University of Cincinnati-led research looks at an alternative.
- Minnesota-based Inspire Medical Systems, Inc., has gotten FDA approval for a surgical implant procedure for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Kentucky-based PreventScripts offers primary care clinicians a digital technology to proactively fight preventable chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, and obesity.
- Ann Arbor-based health system Michigan Medicine is teaming up with 3M Health Information Systems to use AI to administer clinician and revenue cycle solutions.