Some flyover funding stories in the news:
- Elevate Nexus, a program launched by Indy’s Elevate Ventures to provide “resources and thought leadership” to higher-education institutions, communities, and entrepreneurs in Indiana, has awarded $164,000 in grants to 19 organizations.
- Construction tech startup MSUITE, based in Cedar Rapids, has announced completion of a $4 million seed funding round led by Next Level Ventures and Stanley Ventures, with participation by tech consultant U.S. CAD. MSUITE.
- T3D Therapeutics has received a $740,000 grant from the Alzheimer’s Association and its partner Bill Gates. The RTP life science startup is working on a treatment for Alzheimer’s disease and has developed a drug candidate that’s expected to begin a Phase 2 clinical trial next year.
- Aspinity has announced that it has raised $5.3 million in Series A funding. The Pittsburgh company has developed analog integrated circuitry that can significantly reduce the power requirements for always-on sensing applications.
- Nodis, headquartered in Columbus, has closed a $500K Pre Series A funding round. The round was led by IDG Capital, with participation by Get2Volume. Nodis expects to raise Series A funds by the end of 2020.