- Kansas City-based TripleBlind has raised a total of $8.2M in equity funding. Investors include Accenture Ventures, Flyover Capital, Anorak Ventures, and many others. TripleBlind offers digital privacy as a service, helping companies provide and consume data in an encrypted environment.
- Ohio’s Rev1 Ventures has launched its Future Value Fund I, a new $10MM for-profit investment fund focused on building the Central Ohio startup ecosystem.
St. Louis-based Ascension Ventures (AV) announced the closing of a $285 million strategic venture capital fund, bringing its total assets under management to more than $1 billion. The firm has invested in nearly 80 software, services, and medical device / diagnostic companies that help health systems on their transformation journeys.
- NanoMedTrix, a biotech spinoff from the University of Iowa, has been awarded a $2 million Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant to continue groundbreaking nanotechnology-based treatments of cancer.
- A new seed fund has begun in Indy. Round One Capital will focus on tech startups that have received formation funding, but are not quite ready for venture or private equity funding.
- A project involving Indiana University researchers was awarded $23.3 million from the European Commission to shape chemical safety regulation without the use of animal testing. IU is part of a consortium of European and U.S. organizations called PrecisionTox.