- An Atlanta-based marketing technology company with a major presence in Indianapolis has closed on a $90 million Series C round of funding. Terminus, which acquired Indy-based Sigstr in late 2019, says the funding round will have a major impact on the company’s central Indiana operations.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) has awarded researchers at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis an eight-year, $8.8 million grant to study cells’ ion channels as potential targets for new drugs to treat disorders affecting the brain, heart and muscles.
St. Louis-based venture capital firm Lagomaj Capital, which invests in early-stage start-ups, is building a plant science research and development facility with its portfolio company, Benson Hill.
- After a two-year search, global IT and business consulting company CGI will invest $27 million to locate new operations in Knoxville, TN. The project is expected to create 300 jobs over the next five years.
- Google is planning to open its first office in Minnesota as part of its ongoing health partnership with Rochester-based Mayo Clinic, according to a Star Tribune report.
- Ag Startup Engine, located in the Iowa State University (ISU) Research Park, has announced an initial investment in two startups—Mazen Animal Health and Stockguard. Each startup will receive a $50,000 investment.