Minnesota finishes biggest VC quarter ever
2020’s third quarter was the strongest quarter the city of Minnesota has ever had for venture capital deals, according to the PricewaterhouseCoopers/CB Insights MoneyTree Report.
Some of the deals VC made in Minneapolis in 2020’s third quarter include:
- $500 million in September from a fundraising round by health insurance startup Bright Health.
- CVRx, which makes a medical device that treats heart failure, raised $50 million to commercialize its product.
- Preventive Solutions, which makes heart-monitoring devices, raised $137 million in July.
- Brain surgery company Monteris Medical raised $9 million in September.
- Manufacturing software company Fulcrum raised $3.1 million in September;
- Digital marketing and media startup Wisdom Gaming Group raised $3 million in September.
- Financial tech startup ClickSWITCH raised $2 million in September.